Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Perfect Moments in my life

We all have moments that stress us out or where we are frustrated. For me these moments go something like this...

Great Dane mud prints on a freshly mopped floor, worrying over money, irritated at my husband, children aren't listening, the poop master has exploded once again on the small rocking chair or highchair, family issues, cat runs into the garage again, baby knocks over drink again, etc. These things are small most of the time but happen quite often and can be frustrating. They make me forget how blessed I am. How wonderful my life really is if I don't focus on what is frustrating and focus on what is good.

Lately I've been trying to focus more on the moments that make my heart skip a beat and less on the others. Here are a few of my perfect moments...

*Standing in church as family during worship, Nathan holding Weston and I'm dancing with Addison in the aisle and Nathan and I look at each other at the same time and smile.

*Laying in bed with Addison and tracing her fingers. She loves it when I do that and while I trace I whisper things that I love about her each time I go over a different finger.

*Rocking Weston and nursing. He plays with my hair and fidgets with his snuggle bear. He looks up at me and nurses and stares at me. I try not to make too much eye contact because then he smiles and a little milk runs out. Then his eyes get heavy and I watch him fight to stay awake until he drifts off to sleep.

*Getting the call that we are accepted into the Honduras program and knowing that I'm one step closer to meeting my other son.

These moments are so special to me. Especially the ones when we are all together as a family playing outside or inside, the kids are laughing, Nathan and I are in sync and getting along so well...I love those moments. I wish that life could really be like that all the time. Maybe those moments are taste of what Heaven will be like. Living on cloud 9 all the time. For now we have to put up with the everyday bad to enjoy the once and a while good, right? But it's these imperfect moments that make me really appreciate the perfect ones and for that I am thankful. And I'm willing to bet there are more perfect moments in our days if we are willing to pay attention...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I am trying to focus on those good moments more. There is so much for all of us to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete