Monday, August 1, 2011

Weston turns 10 months old

My William turned 10 months old on Friday. Less than two months until his first birthday. He'll always be my baby though. :)

Unless Weston gets sick we wont be going to the doctor so I wont know what he weighs or his height until after her turns one. I can tell he is growing though. His legs are so long!

He said his first word the other day. (Friday) Nathan was leaving and he gave us all hugs and kisses and waved and then walked out the front door. As he shut the door Weston yells out "Bye!" and waves. Just as clear as day! Nathan heard him and opened the door and we all celebrated. He hasn't said it again. Usually he says Dada when he waves bye bye because he mostly only says goodbye to Nathan.

Little things I want to look back and remember on about Weston at 10 months:
*Still waking up 2 or 3 times a night
*Nursing a lot still :)
*Eats 3 meals a day. Mostly baby food, but has started eating a few solids.. avocado, strawberries, bananas, and cantaloupe. Also introduced Kale in a puree form which he likes. (still only organic food)
*Cruising very fast and can change from the couch to coffee table, but has zero interest in trying walk even with help. He knows he can get there fast by crawling and he just wants down. He has let go of things he's holding onto and been stationary for a few seconds but when he realizes he drops to the ground.
*Continues to be a happy guy
*Naps twice but not always consistent on length
*Learning to roll/throw a ball. It's really cute. Sometimes it goes behind his head or not very far and other times he really lobs that ball pretty far for his age. The other day he was throwing in Addison's book basket and crawling to get it and then throwing it back. (future basket ball player? haha)
*Weston also likes to play with cars and trucks and anything that rolls. Most all boys seem to love these things but I was surprised at how young he seems to already prefer them. He finds Addison's toys that have wheels and rolls them around and back and forth. He doesn't have many because I'm holding out for his birthday so he uses things like Addison's baby doll stroller and he has fun rolling it until it falls on it's side and then he gets pretty mad if he can't put it back up right.

I really don't know what milestones he should be hitting or things like that. Mostly when I think of Weston at this age, I think of the little wild man he's becoming. He squeals and yells very loud, he's rough and tough, he's all over the place! He gets mad when we take something away and has started really showing his anger, but for the most part this wildness is him being happy. He loves to climb up the couch and then will just let go and fall back and laugh. (Dare devil in constant need of supervision! haha ) There are many times here recently that Nathan and I just look at each other with wide eyes wondering what to do with a child that is so different than what we're used to. But he is so fun!! And Addison still continues to make him laugh by doing almost anything!


Waiting on mommy to fill up the pool with water...Addison was sneezing. haha


Playing with his big sister in the pool. :)


"Hey Mom!!"


Nursing after nap time. So cuddly!!


This was taken after his bath on the night he officially turned 10 months. As you can see he was excited and check out those blue eyes!!


The Gamble Men...my two stud muffins ready for church. :)


I love this little bugaboo more than I knew I would. He is such a welcomed addition to our lives! I feel so blessed to get to enjoy having both a son and a daughter! While I wanted a little girl so bad and adore all things girly, I also dreamed of having a son. I kept two little boys for years and always had a blast! Weston may be a tough guy, but he is also a sweet heart. He gives smooches and really tight little hugs. He has become more attached to snuggle bear and it's so cute to see him want to grab it before you pick him out of the bed.

Lord thank you for blessing me with such a healthy, wonderful little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment