Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Our Honeymoon Room

On our honeymoon, Nathan and I went to St. Lucia. Never heard of it before then. We found it when we decided to visit one of the Sandals resorts. Which we HIGHLY recommend if you want to spend the money! Only thing is, we paid a lot extra for one of the higher priced rooms and looking back we would just get a regular because they are all nice and you don't spend that much time in the room. The one we stayed at was one of their smallest because we wanted it to be really private. St. Lucia in July was amazing! I didn't want to leave. We spent our week laying in the hammocks, swimming up to the pool bar, sitting in the hot tub, eating the amazing food, laying out at the beach, visiting the spa, and more. We would love to visit some of the larger ones with couple friends in a couple of years, but I dream of the day just Nathan and I go back to that exact one and relive the memories we made on our honeymoon. It was that trip that gave me inspiration for our guest bedroom. Little by little, I'm try to create a tropical get-a-way. In fact, when we were trying to decide between a couple of mattresses when we first ordered them for the room, when we realised the name of one of the was "The Lucian" so we knew it was the right one. haha Every once and a while Nathan and I sleep in there just for fun. I wanted to share with you what it looked like. Yes our walls are orange, but because of my camera, the colors are not near as clear as I would like.








And please welcome our newest addition to the honeymoon room...
this is our new Betta fish named "Lucia"

1 comment:

  1. I like the room, and wall color!
    Our guest room is Europe themed. Even though we have never been to Europe, Josh promised we will go soon. Plus I had a lot of Paris, Italy, etc...stuff in my bedroom before I got married that was in storage, so I didn't have to buy a lot!

    ReplyDelete